Working in the digital world often comes with a price for your eyesight. People spend extreme amounts of time on the computer, leading to eyestrain and other problems. It’s nearly impossible to avoid using a computer altogether, and many people use one daily for work. Individuals working at a BPO call center may find it necessary to put measures in place, such as the 20-20-20 rule for eyes, to mitigate problems.
What is the 20-20-20 Rule?
If you work all day using a computer, you can implement the 20-20-20 rule to help alleviate eyestrain. These steps are simple to implement but require consistency for them to do the job.
The 20-20-20 rule works as follows:
Every 20 minutes that you are looking at a computer screen take a short “eye” break. Move your eyes away from the screen, looking at any object 20 feet away from you. Do this for 20 seconds before returning to the computer screen.
Does the 20-20-20 Rule Improve Eyesight?
If you are already diagnosed with a vision problem, using the 20-20-20 rule won’t necessarily cure your issue or make your vision issues disappear. However, practicing this method can ensure that you don’t suffer from the discomforts of eyestrain.
Some of the symptoms associated with eyestrain include:
- Watery eyes
- Dry eyes
- Sore or burning eyes
- Itching eyes
- Difficulty keeping your eyes open
- Blurred or double vision
- Photophobia, which is increased sensitivity to light
- Trouble focusing or concentrating
- Sore neck, shoulders, or back
How Can I Restore My 20/20 Vision Naturally?
Eye health is essential to overall well-being. It helps you be more productive at work and accomplish your goals more easily. You may wonder what actions you can take to restore or improve your eyesight naturally. Here are some ideas:
- If you smoke, quit.
- Eat foods that promote eye health. These include dark, leafy greens and fish high in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Exercise regularly.
- Use protective eyewear if you do activities potentially dangerous to your eyes, such as sports, yard work, or general maintenance.
- Eye massage and exercise
- Wash your hands before handling contact lenses.
- Keep the sun’s rays away from your eyes by wearing sunglasses with 99% or 100% UVA and UVB protection.
- Cold water therapy.
- Be sure to get sufficient sleep.
- Implement the 20-20-20 rule if you spend a lot of time on a computer.
Work at a Supportive Call Center
Working at a customer support call center involves spending numerous hours in front of the computer screen managing BPO tasks. It’s essential to have a supportive environment that allows for regular “eye” breaks. Seguros Confie, in Tijuana, Mexico, provides employees with a healthy work-life culture that aids eye health. Get in touch with us about starting a job. We’re always hiring, so apply today!